Thursday, June 5, 2008

Run like the wind!

For the past few months I have been working my can off! One of my new found hobbies is the fact that I sort of enjoy jogging. This was not an instant love by all means. In fact I had quite the love hate relationship at first. Now I have found that if I need to relax all I want to do is work out.
So, anyway, I decided to participate in a run at Thanksgiving point called Running with Angels. Boy was I running with angels! My mom, Heidi, Katy and Teresa also ran/ walked it too! It was so awesome. I never had experienced anything like and would have never in a million years thought I could do something like that. Heidi and I started out together but then we got separated because she is a much faster runner. Plus I had to take about a 15 min detour at the bathroom. Seems to always be my issue! Here are some fun shots from the day:
Here is Heidi crossing the finish line! She was my angel and came back to get me. It was good thing she did because look at me:
I am a mess! I pretty much look like I am going to die. I felt like it too! Pretty sure my underwear is hanging out. However, I have never been more proud of myself or so thankful for so many people believing in me. I could not have done it with out Heidi!
All of us after we were done. Heidi and I went back for Katy and then all three of us went back for Teresa and my mom and we all crossed together. It was awesome. What a fun day!
Heidi is one of my angels! She has helped me to believe in myself and has given me strength when I have wanted to quit. I am so glad to have so many wonderful people in my life! Thanks Heids. I love you!


9 comments:

emily kate said...

Good for you, Joy!! Congratulations! That's awesome!

Emily said...

I am so proud of you Joy. Way to go. I know I would have troubles running any sort of distance if I had to do it today. You're the WO-man!

heidizinha said...

Just don't forget that YOU have done all the hard work! I am so proud of you for laughing in the face of a challenge.

Titensor Family said...

seriously love the pics. Joy that's so cool, really.
And tell heidi i love her shirt. :)

Em and Jorg said...

You are my inspiration, Joy! I need to get out there too...

It's awesome that you posted the picture where you're wasted. Helps communicate the magnitude of your accomplishment.

I love it!

Fun seeing you at Mimi's the other day :)

Jason and Kate said...

congrats! next stop is a marathon. keep running.

The Standrings said...

good job, joy! i know i couldn't do it! in fact, i'm pretty sure i would still be trying to cross that finish line right now as we speak!

Lemme said...

I BELIEVE IN YOU JOY!! Hey...check out my blog...you made an appearence!!

Alisa said...

That's awesome Joy! I am doing a 5K in July. i think i might die because it will probably be 110 degrees. Wish me luck!