Sunday, June 15, 2008

The good and the bad....

Recently I have been thinking of all the reasons I love my job. Honestly, besides being a mother I don't know that it gets better then being a teacher. It has its ups and it has its downs but mostly the ups outway the downs.

I love the fact that I have a room full of kids that need me and I need them. The last few weeks have been sort of weird for me. I have had a really hard time coming off the school year. Today as I was sitting in church I was thinking about how I have been feeling and the best way to describe it is like coming off a mission. You come from a place with lots to do all the time where people need you, and you never know what is going to happen. Then all of a sudden it stops and you have all this time on your hands. I didn't take coming home off the mission very easily and this has been hard too. I am trying to figure out what I am doing and also trying to relax a little too.
On the last day of school I thought I was going to have a really hard day. I had made a slide show and had some books to read to them. Shockingly, I held myself together. I didn't really cry. However, when I came back into the room I found this. I did get a little choked up.
They are so adorable. I really do miss them a lot. It is hard not to wonder what they are doing each day. I have seen a few around town and that has been pretty fun. I went to R's baseball game and he was up to bat when I got there. He did not see me sit down and so I yelled his name and cheered him on. He heard my voice and turned and gave me the biggest grin ever. It just melted my heart. Then he proceeded to yell to his mom that I was there. It was so cute.
One last thing, on the last day I had a little boy bring me the cutest present ever. Now, this little guy was my buddy. He brought me flowers or an apple almost every day of the school year. This was the sweetest gift though:
This is a little cardboard box that is falling a part. It was colored and he wrote my name on it. When I opened it up I wanted to cry. This is what I found
I think that this is the sweetest box of treasures I have ever got. He also wrote the sweetest card. I just love this! It is now sitting on my bookshelf as a reminder everyday of just how awesome my job is. Thank you for all the support everyone gave me this year.

4 comments:

Emily Kate said...

That is SO precios. It's things like this that remind you why you love teaching! Sometimes you need those reminders! :)

Jason and Kate said...

how cute! being a teacher is the best and it's nice to have students say that you are the best teacher that they have ever had. enjoy your summer...relax! you need it to survive another year. I workout, do a cleaning job, go to the pool, and run errands. i also have a summer list of projects to accomplish (but it's okay if I don't get to them).:)

Anne said...

Joy! I didn't know you had a blog! You should connect to mine:) It's withtheroberts.blogspot.com. I'd love it if you came to the garage sale on Saturday so I could see you before we leave. However, I can't promise anything really that great at it:)

Lemme said...

I'm totally teary eyed right now. I MISS MY KIDS TOO!!!