Thursday, March 19, 2009

Forever?

So yesterday I was telling my sweet class that I would be gone today and Friday. Naturally, they asked why. So I told them I was having a little surgery. We had a kid in our class go into surgery about a month ago so it was not anything new to them. One of the boys asked if they were going to put me to sleep. I told him yes. As soon as I said that, one of my sweet little girls eyes got huge and she had a look of devistation on her face. Her hand shot up and she blurted out, " are they putting you to sleep forever?! Like you won't wake up?!" The poor thing looked like she was going to bust out into tears. I told her I would wake up and that I would be fine. It was so sweet. She must have had a pet put to sleep recentley.
I tried to reasure her all day that I would be back Monday but that still didn't stop her from giving me a death grip bear hug on her way out of class. I guess it taught me a lesson not to have pets because it is so complicated! Just kidding. I just don't like them!
Got to run! More later! See you when I wake up!

10 comments:

Lemme said...

why are you getting surgery?

The Standrings said...

surgery?? are you ok? hope everything goes well today.

k e n d r a said...

or maybe she watched that movie where the little girl thinks she's going to die like the hummingbird:)

good luck with surgery. hope everything is ok. xo

K said...

That's so sweet. I bet she was so happy to see you on Monday! Hope the surgery went well! As for the pet thing... they ARE too complicated! We had our cats and our dog for 3 years, and I finally said "Enough!" and gave the dog away and stuck the cats outside. Where they belong.

Also, you've been hereby nominated for the Sisterhood Award. Check it out:

http://bagleyfam.blogspot.com/2009/04/sisterhood-award.html

Spraz said...

I also hope that surgery went well and I hope to hear from you SOON!

big_smartmouth said...

when my grandpa passed away, my mom had to conduct primary the next sunday. when the kids sang a certain song, it reminded her of her dad and she started to cry. my moms 1st coun. came up, wrapped an arm around her and told the jr. primary,"sis. mager is just really sad because her dad passed away."
aubrey bear, with tears in her eyes & quivering chin, raised her and and said,"did brother mager die?"
poor confused thing! she felt better when we clarified that br. mager is not sis. magers dad! kids are so sweet!
hope you're feeling better ,my dear!

Manda Sue said...

Cute blog Joy! Hope you don't mind my snoopiness. I just ended up here from Miriams page. haha. Fun school stories and pictures! Great seeing you the other day. Hope you are enjoying your school year! what grade you teaching?

heidizinha said...

uh, you haven't blogged since MARCH.

doodlebug said...

Hope all is well with you Joy. Thanks for your post the other day. I appreciate those memories of you as a 221 and 222 student! Wow, how time flies....now you have student teachers of your own. Thanks for being a good example and mentor to them! You really should try a tarantula.....they are so easy to care for! :)

emi. said...

i'm in love with this story.