Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Break!

Yeah for fall! It has always been one of my favorite seasons. I love when the trees start to change color, the air gets crisp, and most importantly Utah decides to give teachers a three day break! Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!

It was so nice on Wednesday to walk away from my classroom knowing that I would not have to be back until Tuesday. So Wednesday after school I went shopping and to dinner with Sherry and Heidi. It was a lot of fun. Yesterday, I woke up late, went to the gym, came home and went shopping with Heidi. That was basically an all day affair. Came home and watched a movie with the roommates.
Today was the real amazing day though. I did not get out of my pajamas until around 9:30 pm when I decided to take a shower! It was heavenly here are a few of my projects today.
Woke up around 10 and made my to do list. It was rather long but I got most of it done.

I finally folded and hung my clothes. I had to touch up a few things to make sure they were back in color code!
Next, I moved on to the billions of socks that needed to be matched. Then I deep cleaned my closet (which is pretty good size) I filed a huge stack of papers, cleaned my dresser and took out a whole garbage bag of crap. It felt amazing.
I then organized my movies. Updated my list and put back in alphabetical order.

I cleaned my bathroom sink, floor, toilet, and shower.
I made the bed and tidied up my room. It was a fabulous day and I had to hurry and blog so I could cross that off my list of things to do. I even got to cross off take a shower! I am sure my roommates loved that.

This day may seem boring to some but it made me feel wonderful and made me happy!

11 comments:

The Standrings said...

wow! you did get a lot done! want to head over to my house! haha. thanks for the update! it's always fun to hear about your life!

Emily Kate said...

Oh i remember the joy of Fall Break! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Emily said...

Somedays I stay in my PJ forever too, but it's mostly because the kids haven't allowed me time to get ready for the day. Your day sounded wonderful. Now can you come to my house and do my to-do list?

heidizinha said...

I can't believe you think cleaning your closet is more fun than hanging out with us.

Lemme said...

WOW!!! GO YOU!!! I miss fall break...apparently they don't think we deserve it here in ca...boo! I MISS YOU!!!

Lindsay said...

Joy! It was fun reading what you did during fall break. I love fall break. It is nice to have a break from working so hard all the time. I found it funny to read what you did, because I did most of the stuff you did on your list. I love how you organize your clothes by color. I do the same exact thing!

Cami said...

Wow you got a lot done! Good for you, and I love the colors in your bed room.

Kris and Kally said...

You and I are way too much alike! First...your closet is color coded. Then you write on your list that you need to shower. And then you actually cross it off! Sounds like my type of day! Love you!

Jenn said...

You are like the perfect homemaker! Everything perfectly organized and nicely decorated. Wanna come help me out =)

Kaneischa Johnson said...

Joy, I adore that photo of you. You are such a beautiful woman, inside and out :) I treasure these few and precious posts from you. love you, girl!

Krista said...

Joy! Thanks for stopping by haystackoflight.blogspot.com! You are SO cute and I'm so glad to be able to read about your adventures on YOUR blog! :) love you!